Board Collection Templates
Board Collection Templates enable you to save a template of your entire Board collection. Now you can easily re-create the entire set of Boards you use in your Board Collection. This functionality might be helpful for departments - you can share a template with your colleagues to see them how you can arrange projects and information in their area of work.
Create a Board Collection Template
1. Go to Board Collections on your KanBo Home.
Select the gear button near Board Collections.
2. You will see Manage Board collections sections showing Board Collections to which you have access..
3. Now go to Board collection templates and choose Add. You can also use "Add board collection template from file", so you can import exising board collection from the same or other KanBo.
4. The Board Collection template will be added as a new Board Collection.
Now you can arrange and add Boards to it. Follow this guide to learn how to do it.
Create a Board Collection using a template
1. Go to Board Collections on your KanBo Home, select the gear button, then to Board collection templates and then use Add new board collection from file.
2. Select a template you will use to create a Board Collection and a name for the Board Collection and click on Add.
3. A Board collection will be created out of the template.
Manage settings of Board Collection Templates
1. To add or remove users from BCT, go to the Board Collections section. Click on the gear button near Board Collections and select Manage Board Collections.
2. In Board Collections, go to Board Collection Templates and select a Template.
3. Hover over it and click on three dots button (more).
4. In these settings (General), you can select Name, Description, and visibility of the Template.
Manage users of Board Collection Templates
There are 2 permission types in Board Collection Templates:
- Owners - these users have read and write rights on BCTs. They can arrange it accordingly to their needs, manage users, change the visibility of the BCT (private or public).
- Visitors - these users have only read rights on BCTs. They can view the Board Collection Templates and use them for copying them.
1. To add or remove users from BCT, go to the Manage Board Collections section.
2. In Board Collections, go to Board Collection Templates and select a Template. Hover over it and click on three dots button (more).
3. Go to Users and here you can add Owners and Visitors or entire groups.
4. To remove users, select three dots button near the user.