Synchronizing KanBo with Outlook Calendar

How to enable the Outlook Calendar synchronization?

1. Go to My Space.
  2. Click on the three-dot menu button to open the space menu.
  3. Select Settings.
  4. Select Outlook sync.
  5. Choose the Outlook Sync Targets option.

You can choose that cards added to My Space will be added as Appointments to Outlook.

Cards will be added as Appointments to Outlook Calendar once you choose this option in My Space settings.

After enabling this option you can:

• add a card equipped with card dates to your My Space and see it on your Outlook Calendar
  • add a new event to your Outlook Calendar and see it on your My Space in KanBo

After adding an event to Outlook Calendar, you will see it indicated on the Timeline with a special Outlook event icon.

Known issues

In a scenario when you set a Due date, which is earlier than a Start date to an Outlook Task/event or a KanBo Card, Outlook and KanBo will behave in a special way.

Examples:
  1. In case you add an Event in Outlook Calendar where Due Date is an earlier term than Start date, this event will be transferred as an Outlook event on My Space’s Timeline. KanBo will import only a later date to a Timeline and in Outook you will see your dates rebalanced (the term will be shown as one starting from a later date to the later date).
    • You set an Outlook appointment to take time from 15PM (Start date) to 11AM (due date) on 12/11/2017. In Outlook, the Appointment will look as it takes time from 15PM to 15PM. The freshly imported Outlook event on My Space’s Timeline will be set to 15PM.
  1. In case you add a Due date (earlier than Start date) and Start date to a KanBo Card and add this Card to My Space, this will be imported to Outlook as an Appointment with a Card’s title. In the appointment, Outlook will only transfer only the earlier Due date, not a later Start date from a Card.
    • You set dates on KanBo Card. The Start date is 11AM 11/12/2017 and Due date is 10AM 11/12/2017. Once you set My Space settings to transfer KanBo Cards as Outlook Appointments and add the mentioned Card to My Space,
      the date of newly created Outlook Appointment will take time from 10AM 11/12/2017 to 10AM 11/12/2017.

FAQ

Yes, you can enable email messages about unread notifications in KanBo.

Was this article helpful?

Please, contact us if you have any additional questions.