Add users to KanBo
Users can be added to KanBo with different roles. By default, when you add user for the first time, he will not have any roles. You can add them to him later.
Create a new user on Office 365 (optional)
Add user to KanBo
You need to have User Adding role to add more users to KanBo. Open Users section on the Landing Page and select the +Add user button. You can add many users at once.
You can add many users at once. You can also invite external users (with Windows Live ID or from different Office 365 tenant) and then, add them on the Landing Page of KanBo.
There is also the possibility to Import SharePoint users to KanBo automatically.
You also import user by usage of KanBo User import functionality.
Simply click on "Add users from file" button and upload a .csv file containing Users list.
Assign user with a role
KanBo provides a set of roles that grant granulated permissions to the users. Read more about them.
Adding Users to Boards
Once you add a user on Landing Page you can add him to a Board. Board can be granted three different permission levels:
- Owners – such user is like a Board admin, he can change settings, add new lists or even delete a board.
- Members – member users can add new cards add, do everything in the context of a card (read/modify/archive/delete – if they're allowed by the Owner).
- Visitors – visitor users can only read permissions, can see everything on the board but can't modify the content except writing comments in cards.
1. Adding users to a Board
1. Click on the Users section button in a Board.
2. You will see now all users added to this Board. They will be grouped by their permission level: Owners, Members and Visitors. When you are an owner of this board, you can add users from here using the +Add button in every group.
3. Click on the following button and then on Manage users button to add or remove users or user groups.
You can also see here permission levels of users to this Board - who is an Owner, Member or a Visitor.
3. To add users as owners, members or visitors, enter the matching section. Then click +Add users. Select members you would like to add or type their names in the Find user field and select them as well. Click on Add selected.
Users have been successfully added.
2. Adding User groups to a Board
In KanBo, all users must be added to the Landing Page of KanBo and then be added to certain Boards as members, owners or visitors. As a Board owner, you can add users one by one to Boards or take advantage of the possibility user groups have to offer. By use of this feature, you can add a whole group at once to a Board within a few clicks. Read more about creating and managing user groups here.
In order to add members of a User group, enter a Board where you would like to add a user group to.
Click on the Users section in this Board and then click on the Manage Users button.
To add a User Group to a Board, click on the +Add (User groups) button.
Select a group you would like to add to a Board. After choosing it, click on Add selected.
Selected user groups and all its members have been successfully added to a Board.