- Types of views
- Creating views
- View filters
- Saving views
- Changing settings of views
- Display settings
- Changing the order of views
- Removing a view
Views in KanBo may represent a group of ideas, things to remember or the different stages of a workflow.
There are 8 categories of views:
- Kanban - A collection of cards grouped horizontally. Additional option is the Kanban Swimlanes, which is two-dimensional grouping (vertical and horizontal) view.
- List - Vertically oriented way of card grouping. The lists are presented one after another in a column.
- Table - A way of presenting cards as rows in the table. It can remind you of the Excel.
- Calendar - This view shows you all cards that have connection with time. You can organise your schedule easily.
- Gantt chart - A Gantt chart is a bar chart which shows you a project schedule in a highly visual manner. With this functionality, you can set a visual view for all cards which are a part of your project (Board). The cards will be seen in a timeframe view and it’s easy to see their conditions on a present day. Also, the Gantt charts will enable you to see all start and due dates of cards in your Board.
- Mind map - A graphical representation of the relationships between cards. The most individual and creative way of planning and task arrangement.
- Analytics - Board Analytics will help you understand what’s happening in a Board and give you an overview of all actions. Analytics insights are updated accordingly to new activities which are happening in a Board.
- Chat - A place when you can share your thoughts related to the Board with others.
|Remember Chat and basic Kanban view will be always created automatically.|
When a new board is created, standard Kanban view with grouping by statuses and Chat view are already generated. Press "+" button to add a new view.
Select the type of the view and enter a name. Please note that you can add as many views of each kind as you need. You can decide if they are personal (or not).
You can select from many filtering options to adjust the view to your needs. Example below presents how to apply filtering by users from the bar on the top right corner. After that action only cards where the chosen person is assigned to will be shown.
If you want to keep the changes, select "Save" option. If you choose to discard your recent steps, the view will not be overridden with changes.
You will see the same window that appears when you create a new view. You can change a name and visibility for others here.
The example shows the Kanban view where you can decide whether to show child cards, empty groups or timeline. You can also add or remove card detailes.
You can find "Delete" option when you open drop-down menu at the view button.
Go back to the Table of Contents.