Document Folder in a Card
- Add a document folder to the card
- Add documents to your document folder
- Manage folder contents from the card
Now every employee can gain access to the latest version of business documents at the same time. This is a simple way to add a new documents to existing folders from the card level. Everyone can build the structure of company documents library at different levels.
When you add a document folder to the card, it will be visible in the card elements section on the right side.
2. Press + Add element in the top right corner of the card.
3. Select Document folder.
4. Enter the main Board folder. If you press "Select" button here, the whole Board document catalog will be added to your card.
5. Here you can decide if you want to create a new folder and upload files or...
... select an existing one from the Board.
6. Type a name for selected folder in this card only. The real name of Board documents will remain unchanged.
7. Now you can see the contents of the folder inside the card.
Now you can add a file to the document folder in a card. After dragging and dropping a document to the folder in a card, the same document will appear at a source folder. Another way is dropping a file at a card at the Board view.
Try also to + Add document at the bottom of the folder. There are a possibility to upload or even create different types of documents.
Select whether you would like to:
- upload it from your computer
- create a new one, blank documents of selected type:
- create a document with a document template.
Remember that every document you add here will immediately appear at the source folder.
You can choose to:
- go to the source folder at KanBo SharePoint,
- enter the settings,
- remove the folder from your card.
Removing folder from the card will not delete it from the Board.
2. On the Settings window you can:
- change the selected folder,
- choose the number of items presented in the card view,
- add allowed document templates.
When you don't want to see the content of the folder, you can hide it by collapsing this card element.
3. When you hover over a document, three dots will appear on the right.
There are several options to select for that file:
- open in a browser
- rename - name of the source document will also be changed
- see references - all cards that has that file attached
- delete a document - remove it from the Board and its source
|NOTE Be careful! Deleting a document here will make it disappear from the whole Board and SharePoint.|
Go to Document Group in a Card and decide what better meets your needs.
Go back to the Table of Contents.