- Add a new status
- Status roles
- Status list settings
- Changing status of a card
- Changing the order of statuses
- Linearity of card statuses
- Default status
- Filter cards by card statuses
- Delete a status
- Card statuses in the context of Board Analytics
Card status is a feature which tells you about the progress of card realization.
Card statuses are one of the very first thing you see in KanBo. After creating a new Board you begin with the default Kanban view and empty status lists. Learn how to adjust it to better suit your project.
These lists are ready to be filled with cards. When you decide to add a new card right from this view by pressing a round + button, you can choose its initial status.
|NOTE Every card can be assigned to only one status at a time.|
How to add a new status?You can add new statuses and give them meaning.
1. Make sure that you are at Kanban view with card grouping by statuses option selected.
2. Find + Add card status button and press it to open the definition menu.
3. Here you can set the name, color and the role of the new status.
4. After completing all fields select Add to save your status.
Status rolesRoles are to help you with organisation of your tasks. It shows what stage your tasks are. You can change it any time.
1. Go to status list settings by pressing three dots at the status name bar.
2. Select it from the drop down menu and press Add to confirm.
You can choose from 4 different status options:
- Not started - The initial status by default. It points to tasks that are not currently performed.
- In progress - This status serves to indicate that a card is already in progress of completing it.
- Completed - This is a status indicating completion of the card.
- Information - A place to locate cards that contain important information but are not executable.
Status list settingsCard status in fact is a list. When you need to change its name, color, description or more, go to list settings.
Changing the status of a cardThere are several ways to make a status change.
1. You can change it on a Board view by dragging a card and dropping it at different status list.
2. Other method is changing the card status directly on a card view.
Enter a card. Find the card progress line. Select the desired status and simply click on it.
3. Another way is pressing card status icon on a Board view and selecting an option from the drop-down menu.
Changing the order of statusesThere are two places where you can change the order of statuses.
1. Changing the order of statuses by dragging and dropping at the board view
This is the easiest way. Just grab a list and move it at a new position.
2. Changing the order of statuses at the Board menu
This way is comfortable when there are many status lists.
1. Press three dots at the top Board bar.
2. Select Card statuses position.
3. To change the order of card statuses, simply drag and drop your status to the desired place.
Linearity of card statusesRole of the statuses is to show progress of every card realization. The progress line can consist of as many steps as needed to finally complete the task.
As you see, a role for status might appear many times or even none. You can choose multiple statuses to share the same role. In this example, you can see that there is one status with role Not started, 4 statuses with role In Progress and one statuses with role Completed. There is also one Informational status.
There are some special cases regarding status of role "Information". This status might be used for cards which have an informational role. As it does not represent the progress of completing a card, this status is not visualized in the progress line.
Changing the default status
Every card must have a status assigned to it. When you create a new card, it gets default status at first. You can set any status as the default one.
1. To set one status as default, hover over it and click on the three dots next to the name of the status.
2. Select Set as default.
Now this status has a flag Default which means that this status will be the initial one.
Filter cards by card statusesYou can use Board filter to search for exact cards. Statuses can be used for filtering.
How to delete a status?You can delete a status without loosing your cards.
Card status in fact is a list. The simplest way to remove it is just deleting status list.
Card statuses in the context of Board AnalyticsLast but not least, thanks to statuses you can summarize your work using Board Analytics.
|TIP If you want to keep up with changes try following a Status.|
Go back to the Table of Contents.