KanBo User Groups
KanBo User Groups allow you to keep users you collaborate within one place. They can be created for any purpose, but they are helpful especially for gathering a group of users connected by a common task or job. They also enable you to add a whole group of users to the desired Board within a few clicks.
Creating User Groups
In order to create a user group, enter Users section in the KanBo Home.
In Manage user groups section, click on +Add user group.
In the Add user group form, enter a name and description of a group and select one of 2 types of user groups. You can choose if the group would be external (User Group integrated with AD groups - this group requires an additional configuration, read more in the article) or internal (group existing only within KanBo). In this scenario, an internal user group is being created.
Now you can add group's name, description and select group to be internal or external.
If you choose your group to be external, select the desired AD group. This option is only available for On-premise (SharePoint 2013/2016) installation scenario. You can read more about AD groups here.
Your group has been successfully created. A person who created a group will become the first member of it.
Management of User Groups
To manage user groups, enter Users section the KanBo Home. Click on a button on the right side of the section and select the following button and then, Manage user groups button.
You will see all user groups created on KanBo, their types and number of their users.
Select a User Group you would like to manage. You will see a section of your team, consisting of 4 sub-sections.
In this section you can enter 4 sub-sections:
- Group Members - here you can see all users added to User Groups and manage the group. Simply click on a button to see User's Profile, MyBoard or to Remove User from Group.
- Associated Boards - here you can see all Boards where this User Group is Added.
- Associated Board Collections - here you will see all Desks to which user group is added.
- Sync Targets - here you can Add Sync targets to a Group and also resync users. This will result in the synchronization of users in SharePoint. You can also remove your Sync Targets from this section. Read more here.
- Sync Tasks - here you can see all Sync Tasks connected to a Group and their dates. When you click on a Task, you will be shown with all logs considering adding Users.
Management of User Group’s members
You can also manage members of a user group in a section of your team. You can change the default name to any desired name.
- Adding Users to a User Group
Add users to User Group manually.
You can add members to your user group by clicking on +Add member button.
Select users you would like to add. Then click on +Add selected button on the bottom of this window.
Import Users to the User Group
You can also import multiple users to a User group. These users should be added to your Office365 tenant.
Once you add them to a User Group, they will be also added to the User section of the Landing Page of KanBo.
1. Prepare the .csv file containing user information in one of the following formats. All logins, emails or profile keys with user logins must be written in a single line, separated with commas.
II User emails. Example:
III Profile keys "i:0#.f|membership|" + user logins. Example:
i:0#.f|membership|[email protected],i:0#.f|membership|[email protected],i:0#.f|membership|[email protected],i:0#.f|membership|[email protected],i:0#.f|membership|[email protected]
2. Please save such file in .csv Comma Delimited format in your Excel.
3. Click on "Add members from file" button.
4. Open a previously created .csv file.
5. Wait a couple of seconds while users are being added. When all users are added, you will see the following communicate.
2. Deleting users from a User Group
In the user groups' section, you can delete users from a User Group as well.
Click on the 3 dots button near the name of the user you would like to delete and select Remove from the group.
Deleting user group
To delete the entire user group go to User -> Manage User Groups, select the more button and then, select Remove.
Make sure your Group is removed from all Boards and Desks, because if it still is, you will be unable to delete the group.
Adding User Groups to Boards and removing them
- Adding a User Group to a Board
In order to add members of a User group, enter a Board where you would like to add a user group to.
Click on the Users section in this Board.
button and then on Manage Users.
To add a User Group to a Board, click on the +Add (User groups) button. You can add group members as Owners, Members and Visitors. In this case, we are adding groups to Board owners.
Select a group you would like to add to a Board. After choosing it, click on Add selected.
Selected user groups and all its members have been successfully added to a Board.
2. Previewing users in a User group which has been added to a Board
Simply click on a particular added User group to see all its members.
3. Removing a User Group from a Board
You can always remove a user group from a Board by clicking on the following button and clicking on Remove from group button.