Document Group in a Card
- Add a document group
- Add documents to the group
- Remove documents from the group
- Change the order of document groups
- Move documents between the groups
- Hide the group
- Remove the group
Document group is a feature allowing you to keep all card documents in your own arrangement. Now you can collect sets of documents which have been added to a card and group them by any condition, for example by their type or purpose. Documents will be gathered in a form of separate groups and visible on a card.
Unlike folders, groups exist only in cards. Changing its content has no impact on the source libraries. They was created for your convenience. The same document can be stored in multiple groups. Collect documents which are important for you and organize them as you need.
When you add a document group to the card, it will be visible in the card elements section on the right side.
Add a document group
1. Open a card.
2. Click on + Add new element in the top right corner of the card.
3. Select Document group.
4. Enter a name for a Document group and click on Add.
Add documents to the groupWhen you add documents to a card where a document group is created, they will be automatically placed in this group. If you create more groups, documents added further will be placed in a successive document group.
1. Click on + Add Document at the document group.
2. Select whether you would like to:
- upload it from your computer
- add existing document from Board's documents
- create a new one, blank documents of selected type:
- create a document with a document template.
3. To add existing document, mark all you need and click on + Add selected.
Remove document from the group1. To remove a document from a document group in a card (without deleting it permanently), click on three dots button next to a document's name.
2. Select Detach.
If you select Delete option, document will be completely deleted with all its references.
Change the order of document groups
Organize documents in your own system by changing the order of groups and other elements.
Use drag and drop.
Move documents between the groupsYou can move particular documents between Document groups or change order of them.
Use drag and drop.
Hide document groupWhen your document groups take too much of your card's space, you can collapse them by clicking on arrow button. The same activity is needed to expand the group again.
After collapsing a group you will be presented with statistics:
- number of documents in a document group
- date of the most recently updated document.
Remove document group
Two steps to remove a document group from a card. This action will not delete documents from the Board.
1. Press on the three dots button next to a group's name.
2. Select Remove.
Go to Document Folder in a Card a decide what meets your needs better.
Go back to the Table of Contents.