Invite guest users to KanBo (Office 365)
If your organization performs a type of work that involves sharing documents or collaborating directly with vendors, clients, or customers, then you might want to use the external sharing features of KanBo. It wil create a possibility for you to share content with people outside your organization, who do not have licenses for your Microsoft Office 365 subscription.
Note that in this case a KanBo license is consumed for the guest user.
- You can invite external users from different companies that use Office 365 or users with Windows Live ID. If your user to be invited is using a non-Microsoft email, he needs to register it as a Live ID.
- You need to have owner permission in a board to add external users to it.
Sharing KanBo with the guest users
When you share a site with external users, you send them an invitation that they can use to log into your site. You can send these invitations to any email address with Microsoft Live ID. When the recipient accepts the invitation, they can log in using either a Microsoft account or a work or school account. When you share a site, you can select the type of permissions you want that person to have on the site.
1. Open Board and Users' section.
2. Select Add near the Members section.
3. In Guest user invitation type an email of the guest and press Invite.
4. The user will be immediately added to the Board.
In user's section, you can enter Users settings.
Then you can enable this setting. Thanks to this, KanBo will treat guest users as members.
From the invited user's perspective:
1. User will receive an email with the invitation and click on the Accept button.
2. He needs to accept the permissions.
3. In a moment, he will be redirected to KanBo.
4. Now he is inside the Board and can use it.