- Explore Board documents section
- Create folders and upload documents
- Document source
- Edit a document
- Delete documents or folders
IntroductionDocuments are integral part of work. Therefore, you can take them with you into the KanBo world. Every document which appears in a card, occurs in Board documents section too.
All these files have a source at SharePoint Document Library which is generated during the Board creation. Every KanBo Board has its own Document Source.
Explore Board documents sectionOpen the Board documents section and see your files and folders.
1. Go to the Board menu by pressing three dots next to the Board's name.
2. Select Documents.
The pop-up window with all documents added to this Board will appear to your eyes.
Create folders and upload documentsYou can manage your documents from the Board level by creating new folders and uploading documents from your hard drive. At the top of Board documents window you can see three buttons: New folder, Upload and Refresh.
Create a new folder
1. Select + New folder if you need to create a separate folder for new documents.
2. Write a folder name and press Add.
You can now enter it and start adding files.
Upload a new document
1. Choose Upload when you have some files on your hard drive that are needed here on this Board.
2. Browse your device, select a file and press Open.
You will see a progress bar and confirmation of adding a file in the upper right corner of the Board.
Select Refresh if you want to see the last changes at this section.
|NOTE There are some characters that cannot be present in the files name. When you upload a document containing not supported characters, you see a notification and have to decide if KanBo can change a file name for you.|
Every KanBo Board has its own Document Source. You can open it in a browser or even change it (if a Document Source is attached to the Board).
|NOTE Only users with Document Sources role added can change the Document Source.|
Select Go to source to open your SharePoint Library.
Go to Document Sources to learn more.
Edit a document
Change a nameRemember, changing the name of any document here affects the source document name.
1. Press a three dots button over a document name.
2. Select Rename and type a new name.
Edit a file
In On-Premise environments, you can just click on a editable document and it will be opened in Word/Excel etc.
1. Hover over a document and hit a three dots button.
2. Select Open. Your document will be opened online.
3. Make changes to the file.
4. Save changes. This feature uses a native SharePoint document versioning functionality.
Co-authoring simplifies collaboration by enabling multiple users to work productively on the same document without intruding on one another's work or locking one another out. This functionality works both in Word Online and Word in Browser.
See referencesYou can easily see to which cards a document is attached to.
1. Hover over a document and click on three dots button next to its name.
2. Choose References.
3. Now you see every card which contains this document. Its modification will cause changes at these places too.
Delete documents or foldersWhen you decide to delete a document or folder, it will be clear out from everywhere, even the source folder at SharePoint library.
1. Press on three dots next to document's or folder's name.
2. Select Delete.
3. If you sure about that, press Delete on a pop-up window to confirm your choice.
Go back to the Table of Contents.