Updating Elastic Search on Windows
1. Download the newest Elastic Search and Kibana package from Elastic’s site
2. Go to Services and stop Your Elastic Search service.
3. Create a backup of Your Elastic Search and Kibana folders in case something goes wrong.
4. Open the zip folders with 7zip
5. Go to Your Elastic Search installation folder and delete every folder EXCEPT the data and the config folder
6. From the ElasticSearch zip file, extract and copy every folder EXCEPT the config folder into Your Elastic Search installation folder
8. Do the same with the Kibana zip file and installation folder, but MAKE SURE you do not extract the “data” and the “config” folder
9. Go to Services and start Your Elastic Search service
10. Now go to https://localhost:9200
login with the Elastic superuser account
After You login, check the displayed information to confirm that You have the up-to-date stable version of elastic installed
You will see Your current Elastic Search here
11. Open command prompt
And go to the Kibana bin folder
And run kibana.bat
After a message “Kibana is now available (was degraded) appears, go to http://localhost:5601
Login with the elastic superuser account
And press this icon on the top right corner to check the version
You will see the current Kibana version here
12. Stop Kibana by pressing ctrl+c inside the command prompt window
Say “y” to terminating the batch job
13. If both of versions are matching, Your update of Elastic Search is done!